- Did supernovae kill off large ocean animals at dawn of Pleistocene?
- Key players in the marine nitrogen cycle can utilize cyanate and urea
- Unexpected impact of hurricanes on Puerto Rico’s watershed
- A glimmer of hope for the world’s coral reefs
- Life in Deep Earth totals 15 to 23 billion tons of carbon — hundreds of times more than humans
- Increasing seal population will not harm largest fish stocks in the Baltic
- Biggest mass extinction caused by global warming leaving ocean animals gasping for breath
- Mitigating the effect of climate change on sea turtles
- Industrial fisheries are starving seabirds all around the world
- Could algae that are ‘poor-providers’ help corals come back after bleaching?
- 229 new species described by the California Academy of Sciences in 2018
- Soft tissue shows Jurassic ichthyosaur was warm-blooded, had blubber and camouflage
- Mystery of color patterns of reef fish solved
- Human actions impact wild salmon’s ability to evolve
- How mussels handle microplastic fiber pollution