Eritrean butterflyfish or crown butterflyfish (Chaetodon paucifasciatus) is a species butterflyfish belongns Chaetodontidae family. It is essentially just known in theRed Sea and the Gulf of Aden, but has been reported in East Africa. It grows up to 14 cm (5.5 in) in length. It is white with black chevrons, except for a red zone stretching from the aft dorsal fin across the caudal peduncle to the end of the anal fin. A red bar runs vertically through the caudal fin. There are black eyestripes and a black “crown” with white border.
Eritrean butterflyfish are oviparus fish forming monogamous pairings during breeding. They are usually found in pairs or in small groups over coral and rubble areas from 1m to 30m depth. They feed on coral polyps, algae, polychete worms and small crustaceans. This fish fares well in the aquarium and thus is sought after by hobbyists.
This video was made in the coral reef of Sharm el-Sheikh, Sharm is an Egyptian city on the southern tip of the Sinai Peninsula, in South Sinai Governorate, on the coastal strip along the Red Sea. Its population is approximately 73,000 as of 2015. Sharm El Sheikh is the administrative hub of Egypt’s South Sinai Governorate, which includes the smaller coastal towns of Dahab and Nuweiba as well as the mountainous interior, St.Catherine and Mount Sinai. The city and holiday resort is a significant centre for tourism in Egypt, while also attracting many international conferences and diplomatic meetings.
Sharm El Sheikh (meaning “Bay of the Sheikh”) is also known as the “City of Peace; Egyptian Arabic: Madinet Es-Salaam”, referring to the large number of International peace conferences that have been held there. It was known as Şarm-üş Şeyh during Ottoman rule, and as Ofira when the area was under Israeli sovereignty between 1967 and 1982. Among Egyptians and many visitors, the name of the city is commonly shortened to “Sharm”, which is its common name in the Egyptian slang.
The name is also sometimes written as Sharm el-Cheikh, Sharm el-Sheik in English. Sharm El Sheikh is on a promontori overlooking the Straits of Tiran at the mouth of the Gulf of Aqaba. Its strategic importance led to its transformation from a fishing village into a major port and naval base for the Egyptian Navy. It was occupied by Israel during the Suez Crisis of 1956 and restored to Egypt in 1957.
(tratto da Wikipedia)